Dreams: What is 26th January?


Dreams

Dreams are answers
       to questions
       we haven't yet
       figured out
       how to ask.
       ~X-Files

What is 26th January?

Anniversary of Ahmedabad earthquake
(We were in Mahabaleshwar with parents)

My friend's wedding anniversary
(Where is he these days - his mail id?)

Ah! I remember, there was something about this date-
(Jan 26- Ahmedabad Earthquake, July 26 - Bombay rains, Dec 26 -Tsunami...)

But again, why holiday in India...
Oh Wow! Holiday on a Friday, a long weekend
(When is the next one for us...?)

Hmmm so, what is 26th January?
Do I have to be reminded that 26th Jan is Indian Republic Day?

May be 'chabbis janwary' would have worked better,
But then...!

Or date has lost all meanings in this Monday - Friday life?
May be yes! Meanings do change, differently though.

I am probably more patriotic today, sitting seven seas away from the land, forgetting the significance of this date as compared to when I would sit glued to the television watching live telecast of 26 Jan parade from Rajpath.

Today, I think more about India and what I can do for India.

I can afford to forget the dates of importance, but I will never make myself forget to think about India!

My solemn promise to myself, on 58th Republic Day!

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment