Dreams: Once again, I love India ...


Dreams

Dreams are answers
       to questions
       we haven't yet
       figured out
       how to ask.
       ~X-Files

Once again, I love India ...

And for exceptionally simple reasons...

My personal favorite in the Hindi Movie "Chak De" is a one liner from the movie. It is said during one of the hockey matches (I guess it was between India and England).

All the women of the Indian team were screaming out didi (sister) to each other in order to pass the ball and the coach of the England team asks one of his players: ā€œIā€™m confused, which one of them is Didi?ā€

The simple fact, that we often address our seniors at college, in our teams, or our sisters friends as didi (or bhaiya) reflects our belief in relationship, the strength of bonds. It is not necessary but honestly, it does not harm either.

And living in America for 2 years (incidentally, which I completed yesterday) and meeting with people from all nations, I feel very contented in the fact that I was born and brought up in India.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment